Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quack, quack... Yummy!!

So today the kids had their first experience eating duck! We went to China Max for dinner and ordered the Peking Duck. They first bring it as duck sandwiches. The kids were reasonably excited about the duck sandwiches and ate them reasonably well. Then Jeff told them that they were eating duck and they were even more excited and ate even more! Go figure! I remember when my dad told me that veal was moose meat, I was so disgusted, I wouldn't eat it for a very long time. Finally learning that it wasn't moose meat didn't really change that, but whatever! It's just crazy that they got even more excited about eating it because Emily LOVES duckies! She was a duck for Halloween and loves to carry around this little red plastic duck bath toy! Needless to say, I had to capture the dinner with some photos. There is Kyle chowing on a duck sandwich and then Emily looking as if to say, "I'm eating WHAT?!" (but really she wanted more duck!).

In other news, they are really going thru some major language changes. Emily really tries to put together more than one or two word all the time now. Kyle is following suit. And their clean up abilities are improving too. They get really proud that they cleaned up their toys or Playdoh or crayons, etc. Today at music class, they were both really involved, doing what the teacher directed the class to do and didn't even notice that I stepped out! That is a big change for them! It's amazing how they are growing up every second and sad how fast it goes!

No comments: