Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good day, sunshine!

I know, cry me a river, but really today it was finally nice again in San Diego. It has been rainy and cool for the past 1.5 weeks so the nice blue sky and warm temperature of 73 degrees was very well received. The kids and I went to music class and afterward they were just itching to get outside and feel the sunshine. They were literally running down the hallway chasing each other. So we went outside and we ran. And we ran some more! We ran to the fountain where they played some. Then we ran to the grassy area near another fountain and played baseball - which they are quite good at. Kyle bats lefty and really makes some good contact! Emily also loves to hit when it doesn't interfere with checking out her necklace! And then we ran some more playing soccer. Emily is great with the dribble. She really gets that soccer is played with her feet and does a great job dribbling. Kyle really just wants to pick up the ball with his hands and basketball dribble it. And then to top it all off, we had a tree climbing lesson. There were some great low trees with good climbing branches and they asked to climb. So I coached them up the tree and they really just got it. Granted, they are great climbers to begin with (see wall climbing pictures), but there's something about childhood and climbing trees. I remember the tree in my front yard and climbing it and just loving it.

P.S. If anyone can teach me how to layout pictures nicely on Blogger, I would greatly appreciate it!!

1 comment:

spike said...

look at those great climbers! I can't wait to take them climbing!