Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kyle's model airplane

When Jeff and I were in New York over the summer, we picked up some gifts for the kids. But somehow we didn't give them their gifts until this week. It has been cold and rainy and seemed perfect timing. We picked up a model airplane that flies for Kyle and a necklace beading set for Emily. 
 
So while Emily worked on making necklaces, Kyle worked on putting together his airplane. I worked together with Kyle since his instructions were quite complex and incomplete. And it was quite fun. My dad loved to build model airplanes and I got the chance to build some with him. It's fun, tedious, relaxing, and challenging all at the same time. This was a great chance to work with Kyle like my dad worked with me.

The neat thing about this plane is that it can actually fly. Despite the cold and rain, we took it out for a test flight together.


No comments: