Thursday, July 10, 2014

USA!

We've been loving watching the World Cup this year. It's hard to believe it's been another 4 years. World Cup got us through the 3 weeks of hospital bed rest while I was pregnant with Kyle and Emily 8 years ago so there is a certain nostalgia that we have with this event. From Spike, Kristin and Mom visiting and keeping us - okay me - sane during that time, World Cup games are what I woke up for during the days. I remember sleeping about 20 hours a day, or it seemed. I doubt it could have been that much, but I certainly remember a physical therapist always coming when I was sleeping and wondering how it was possible to sleep that much. And I remember the morning that Spike came in well before visiting hours started, but rightfully came in on the family 'card', smuggling her and Jeff some beer in coffee cups to enjoy while watching the soccer game, despite the 6 or 7am kickoff time. I also remember Jeff befriending Max, the Italian coffee man whose coffee stand was right in front of the hospital, and bringing me some non-coffee treats (non-coffee not because of being pregnant and liquid restricted, but because I don't drink coffee). See, a lot of memories associated with the World Cup. But I digress. 

Now to the point of this post... Here are Kyle, Emily and their buddy Simon posing in their awesome USA shirts. Papa & Kari send the kids their USA soccer jerseys and Simon is wearing his USA hockey jersey since he is an awesome hockey player. How cute are they?!!
I love how Emily and Simon are eyeing each other. 
And the sillies with Simon and Emily. 

No comments: