Sunday, May 15, 2016

Asheville with Spike

This weekend I went to Asheville with Spike to run in a trail race. It was great to get away and spend time with Spike. And it was my first race since before Aaron was born!! That's a long, long time. My race was only a 10k while Spike did the 30k. It was up in the mountains through some pretty cool trails. 

It's beautiful up there
Pre-race drive up the mountain with Spike
I did fairly well at my race coming in first for my old lady age group. :-) I was pretty proud of my race though I think I told myself I was done racing because I didn't like the pressure I put on myself to do well. I trained hard for it and was prepared and did well so that's what matters. 
The 3rd place girl had already left. The awards were a while after the race, but before the 30k runners had come in so I was a captive audience while Spike was still out there running. 
Spike finishing her race. 

No comments: