Sunday, April 28, 2019

April ski and bike day

So after a morning of warm spring skiing with Kyle, I decided I would see how far up Big Cottonwood I could get on my bike. Well, with how stubborn I am, after getting 4 miles of the 12 up the mountain (nevermind the 4 or 6 it took to get to the base from home), I decided I was going to make it to the top. Afterall, the first 6 miles of the climb up Cottonwood seemed to be the steepest and most difficult. Trouble is, it was mid-60s when I left the house, but at the top it was freezing. I was dressed for 60s. On the descent, my arms and fingers went numb. Thankfully there was a little lodge restaurant on the way down. Cheese fries with fry sauce never tasted so good. The fireplace was helpful as well. They didn't have any warmer clothes I could buy, but had a lost and found with someone's discarded fleece that I happily put on to try and get warm. Thankfully I made it home in one piece having made it to the top.

No comments: