Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sears Tower

We have often told the kids how Jeff and I were married in the Sears Tower several years ago before they were born.  This winter in Chicago, we had the chance to take them downtown and show them the Sears Tower.  It was pretty special to take them to the top of the Sears Tower and show them the city from above and tell them how we were married up there (well, on the 66th floor, not the 103rd floor).  And now on the SkyDeck, they have these walk-out windows where the floor is a window and you can see straight down.  Needless to say, it was pretty terrifying.  Well, at least for me.  Jeff and the kids had NO fear!!  They walked right out as if it were no big deal.  I couldn't do it.  Kyle and Emily both held my hand to get me out there.  It was so sweet how they were telling me that "It's okay Mommy.  We've got you."  I know the pictures below are a lot of the same, but I thought the shadows were pretty neat.  Maybe I needed to bring my Deedee, Ellie (Emily's blankie & elephant) or Miko (Kyle's monkey) with me like they had! 










Quite the view


The four of us over Chicago


What do you see down there Kyle?


 Looking down




The kids over the city











Miko & DeeDee & Ellie



No comments: