Saturday, January 30, 2010

My girly girl

Three year olds are full of all kinds of charm. Emily has been on a roll lately!!

.........Girly girl.........
Mommy: Emily, what do you dream about?
Emily: Crowns, hearts, dresses and princesses

.........Deep thoughts by Emily.........
When walking at Mission Trails and talking about how we are going to climb Camelback Mountain together when we visit Grandma Edith in Arizona this spring, I told the kids that they have in fact already climbed Camelback - when they were in my belly. We went when I was a few months pregnant and Jeff and I climbed to the top together then. And Emily, giddy with excitement tells me, "And you put lots of food on us!" Not quite understanding what she was talking about and where that came from, she clarifies, "When we were in your belly, you put lots of food on us!" Ah ha! Based on that logic and our general talk about how they grew in Mommy's belly before they could come out, it makes perfect sense! Babies and food all go in your belly!

.........Polite Emily.........
Emily picks up a rock on the trail. A bug flies near her ear. Emily: "Please leave me alone little bug. I don't want to play right now." Bug sensitivity training sure has been working well! Many of you probably remember our trip to Goebberts Pumpkin Patch last year when a ladybug landed on her hand and at least 20 minutes of crying and screaming ensued... Clearly, since then we've been working really hard to not flip out about bugs. Even spiders...

No comments: