Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Heading home

On the way home from Chicago, I made my first trip outnumbered by the kids.  We have always traveled together, the four of us.  But work called for Jeff to head to a client site and catch up with us back in San Diego.  So off we went.  As we passed through security, a guard pulls me aside and whispers to me that there is a playground in Terminal 2 that is a short walk away.  Sweet!!  In the morning before leaving Grandma's house, we had a great "something fun" - playing in the leaves and riding the scooter with Grandma.  But I wasn't about to turn down a second "something fun" for the kids since they were about to have to sit in confined space for the next 4 hours.  Off to the playground we went! 

Kyle with his Miko neck pillow and all of his Mikos buckled in with him - well except for Big Miko who had to ride in the suitcase with Meow-Meow.  Funny story about that - we have read Koko's Kitten which Kyle and Emily LOVED.  Anyhow, when I told Kyle that Big Miko was too big to carry with him and had to ride in the suitcase, Emily volunteered her kitty to ride in the suitcase too to keep Big Miko company, just like Koko and his kitten, All Ball.  
Kyle passed out on my lap.  Emily was passed out on my lap on the other side, but I couldn't get a good angle for a picture that would show anything. 

It was a successful flight for the three of us.  The stars were aligned for us.  Toy Story 3 was the movie so they watched a little bit of that while eating their lunch I had packed, we went potty about a million times (at least 4 times - thankfully we were a whole row ourselves), and then took a nap for at least an hour with them both laying on my lap - it was quite a site to see.  And then we were landing.  Kyle wasn't too happy when we landed because he would have liked to sleep a bit longer, but  if we had to have a meltdown, I'll take one after we are on the ground and getting off the plane and  getting home is super quick. 

No comments: