Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

It's Easter! This year we had Grandma here with us for Easter and we went over to Coronado to celebrate the festivities. I remember Easter growing up - lots of egg hunts with my siblings and cousins. I remember going to Ohio a lot of the time for Easter and having huge egg hunts at my uncle's farm or at the field by my aunt's house. And I remember actually having to look for eggs. The egg hunts the kids have had so far have been mostly of the here's-a-giant-field-filled-with-eggs. But they like it. And they are 4. So it works. (Later, at home, we did a real egg hunt where they had to actually find moderately hidden eggs in the living room.)

This egg hunt, the rules were that each child gets 3 eggs. So Kyle and Emily diligently 'found' their 3 eggs and returned directly to us and happily opened up their eggs to see what treasures they held. Then we did some crafts by the beach, had a great brunch and went home to sleep the afternoon away. Thankfully, we didn't have an Easter Day earthquake like we did last year.

No comments: