Saturday, May 19, 2012

Date morning with Kyle

Today I had a nice morning date with Kyle. We haven't had much of a chance to do something just the two of us so we made a date. It was much needed as we could tell Kyle was really feeling the effects of having a new baby brother. Earlier this week he told me that he wished he could be a baby. When I asked him why, he told me, "so I can be your Aaron." 

We started off at Einstein's for some breakfast. We then headed over to Barnes to play some tennis. Unfortunately, there was a huge tournament going on so there were no courts available. Not even the wall to hit on. But they told us about some courts nearby that we let ourselves on to. Thank goodness. On the way over to the other courts Kyle told me that we could just go home and play tennis, but that doesn't really count as a date since we are at home, that on a date you have to go out. Anyhow, we got some good tennis in. We played tennis PIG, sharks and minnows, and did tennis rallies. Kyle was very cognizant of having my undivided attention. He told me he liked it because we could just play and no one else was misbehaving or needing extra attention. After plenty of tennis, we went for some ice cream because what date is complete without ice cream? Even if it's only 11am. And we played some Flick Homerun while we ate our ice cream and chilled. It was a wonderful morning with my Kyle. 

No comments: