Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hello Raleigh

After too many hours of flying, we arrived in Raleigh. 

Why in the world is there a picture of a McDonald's ice cream cone do you ask? Well, growing up, whenever we would travel to a new city with my dad, he would always have to sample the ice cream. Even if it was a McDonald's cone. We were going to a new city and I was super emotional so I decided to get some ice cream - even if it was McDonald's and even if it was in Chicago O'Hare which we've been to a million times. It was comforting. And bloating. But the emotional soothing made it worth it. :-) I had one. And then brought one over to the kids and Jeff. 
Hello Raleigh
We arrived in Raleigh late in the evening if I remember correctly. Aaron was in good humor and got a huge kick out of rolling his backpack over the bumps after the escalators. He said something like, "backpack farting". Great comic relief kid at just the right time!

No comments: