Thursday, December 11, 2008

Singing

So Kyle has changed a lot in the past 2 weeks. Ever since we went to Florida with Jeff's entire family, he has been much more outgoing. Emily has typically been the more outgoing of the two, but that did flip-flop sometimes. So Kyle runs around a whole lot more - like wound up crazy running - and sings songs. He had been relatively shy and would hang back with myself or Jeff until he got comfortable in a new place / with a situation. Now he warms up faster and gets right in the mix of the craziness! I think it was being with all of his boy cousins! Don't get me wrong, he ran around a lot before, but now he likes to chase Emily and they run around shrieking!

And they both have a new thing singing songs. Every night, we sing Kyle & Emily songs while they are in their cribs. They have their request list that they always rattle off so we know what to sing. Well, Kyle has been singing along with us for "I'm a Little Teapot" and Emily for the "ABCs". And they both sing for both songs now. It's really cute. And yesterday and today we got them to do a little concert for us singing "I'm a Little Teapot" and the "ABCs"! I will have to post the videos of that later on here when I get it off the camera (which will likely be forever from now!). It was way too cute!

And Emily, she too has undergone some change in the past few weeks. She is really vocal, asking about everything. Looking in the office, she pointed to all of the machines and said, "What is that Mommy?" And she is very expressive of what she likes. When she sees something, she picks it up and says, "Oooooh Mommy, I love this!!!" It's really sweet!!

**Update**
Kyle & Emily sing "I'm a Little Teapot"


Jeff singing "I'm a Little Teapot"

No comments: