Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mr. Mom

This weekend I escaped home to Las Vegas with some mama girl friends. All our husbands got to play Mr. Mom for the weekend. It was nice to get away and have no responsibility, but was really nice to come home too. It was nice to be missed. The kids were just giddy when they picked me up, laughing hysterically when I playfully said "Hi goobers!" We went out to eattime afterwards and had some yummy tofu pad-c-u (or however you spell it). When we were leaving eattime, I put the kids in their car seats while Jeff was inside looking for Kyle's toy we couldn't find. Kyle sweetly says, " Mommy, don't go back to the airport." Emily adds, "We already played with Daddy. Now we play with you Mommy and our toys."

Anyhow, the kids had a GREAT weekend with Jeff going to Balboa Park and hiking Cabrillo. Jeff sure kept them going and they were all smiles telling me all about their awesome weekend with Daddy.


And a cute little story from tonight - after dinner tonight, Jeff was singing "I wanna hold your hand" from The Beatles. It went a little like this:

Jeff [singing]: I wanna hold your hand
Emily: I wanna hold your hand.
Jeff [singing]: I wanna hold your hand
Emily: But it's too small!!

No comments: