Monday, June 1, 2009

Emily's sense of humor

Emily is showing quite the sense of humor lately. Maybe it's that she's getting more and more creative, but whatever it is, she sure makes us laugh!

The other morning, she woke up, went potty, got dressed and was standing there brushing her teeth while I was doing her hair.
Emily: [tummy rumbles loudly]
Emily: Wow, that's my tummy! My tummy is growling!
Mommy: Sure is noisy!
Emily: [tummy rumbles again, louder and longer this time]
Emily: Woah! Motzie is in my tummy!!! (giggles)

As many of you know, the kids sometimes struggle with eating. Either they aren't that hungry or just being picky, but we sometimes do battle with "eattime". Lately, we've been telling them they need to eat their yummy meals so they can grow big and strong. That seems to have struck a cord with them because the other day Emily ate all of her lunch very nicely and when she finished she emphatically declared, "Look, I ate all my eattime! I ate so nicely! Now I'm big and strong. Can I please be excused?" I love how matter-of-fact she is about it! Kyle has also gotten in on the growing big and strong by eating his meals as he proudly tells us that when he eats nicely and grows bigger, he will "jump up and reach the black zip line" (at the kiddie gym).

And the other night, the kids were reading me some bedtime stories. Well they both read me "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Kyle first and then Emily. (There will eventually be a video up of Kyle reading the book from weeks ago but I've been struggling to get it to post b/c of the size but hopefully tonight's the night!) But this past night was the first time that Emily has read me that book. So the following conversation ensued between Kyle and Emily as Emily was on the page where the caterpillar eats a whole bunch of stuff on Saturday ranging from a pickle and sausage to lollipops and cupcakes.

Emily: On Saturday he ate some chlocolate cake and ice cream cone and pickle and slice of cheese and salami and cherry pie and hot dog and cupcake and ...
Kyle: No Emmie, that's a sausage. It's not a hot dog!
Emily: One sausage, one cupcake ...
Kyle: Good Emmie! That's right! It's a sausage!
Emily: No, it's a hot dog.
Kyle: No, it's a sausage Emmie!
Emily: It's a sausage, but it looks like a hot dog! One hot dog, one cupcake and one piece of watermelon...

I'm sure writing this conversation down here doesn't quite capture just how funny it was, but I assure you it was quite amusing! They were both so serious and sure they were right!

2 comments:

GT said...

that is awesome!

Jeff said...

speaking of noisy tummies: Kyle and I were playing with his new cash register toy today when he stopped suddenly, tooted, got a twinkle in his eyes, and said: "Ooooo, my tooshie is talking to me"... two minutes later he dashed to the bathroom saying "I gotta go potty real bad!"