Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Aaron at the dentist

Today was a big day for Aaron. It was dentist day. We all had our 6 month dentist cleaning and Aaron went for the first time today. We weren't going to take him until he was 3 based on our experience with Kyle & Emily when they were young. (We took them at 1 per the popular recommendation, but all that occurred was a tooth count. Between a lot of screaming over the purple gloved hands, the dentist actually said, "wow they have a lot of teeth". We knew that. And gave us a huge bill. We didn't carry dental insurance because it didn't make sense since we just needed cleanings and were willing to hedge bets against adult cavities.) Well, now we carry dental insurance so we figured why not try Aaron at the dentist since it didn't cost anything extra and if he screamed we would just take him home and try again in another year. We were utterly amazed at how well he did! He sat in the chair the entire time, had his teeth counted, had his teeth cleaned with the peppermint spinny thing, spit in the suction tube and even tried to get flouride! The only reason the flouride wasn't a full success was because the tray was too big for his mouth and he was just swallowing it and gagging a little bit so I asked them to remove it. Not bad for being 2 at the dentist for the first time. 

Funnily, the only issue he had was when I had to get my teeth cleaned. He wouldn't leave my side and insisted on sitting on me while I had my teeth cleaned. Jeff and I had only been home 1 day from Maui. He wasn't willing to let me out of his sight for very long for fear I would leave again. Sweet boy Aaron. 

So after the dentist, the kids played hookie from school and we went to the beach in the 100 degree heat and went surfing and boogie boarding. Perfect day to play hookie. Jeff was even able to join us for the beach fun for a bit between calls. 

Sitting nicely at the dentist
Getting cleaned
Getting flouride

No comments: