Thursday, March 27, 2008

what a day!

So for the past 3 days, I've been working full days in the office, away from the kids. I'd leave before they wake and come home at dinner time and have about 2 hours with them. I sure feel fortunate that I get to spend most of every day with them on a normal basis. So today when I came home, they were happily coloring with their babysitter. The three of us then went out to dinner. The kids did spectacular!! I was a bit nervous because it was 2 against 1 and I had been away for most of the past 3 days and going out to dinner is always a challenge. So we got there and the kids saw the basketball game on the big screen tvs and said 'baball'! They knew it on their own and it was pretty exciting how they showed off what they know! And because we were in a booth and it's quite difficult to feed 2 kids in highchairs, Kyle sat in a booster seat all by himself and very well! It's silly that I'm writing about such a seemingly small feat, but it all happens so fast!

After dinner we came home to take a bath. Before that though, they got to sit on their little potties to get comfortable with the idea of using a potty. They aren't exactly ready for potty training, but they are showing signs of possibly being ready so I thought we could at least introduce the potty and let them get comfortable with the idea. So anyhow Kyle got undressed and undiapered and sat down on his potty like a man and tinkled!! He got some in the bowl, well a little and then sprayed the floor in front of him. It was exciting though because he sat down, pushed and grunted and peed!! Emily also sat down nicely on hers, but didn't have to go. Nonetheless, it was exciting that they both sat down (they were afraid last time) and we got some results!

So then they took a bath and we watched a show together. Emily is so sweet about shows. She loves Mickey Mouse (Mu-Maah) and Dora! Emily rested on my legs and Kyle rested on my shoulder and they quietly and intently watched their show as we snuggled together. It was a sweet ending of the day with my babies. Even though I only got to spend those 2 hours with them today, they were a great 2 hours. I'm thankful that I get almost everyday, full days, to spend with them to witness their milestones and cuteness!

No comments: