Friday, April 24, 2009

funny & interesting comments

In keeping with my trend, some more funny / cute / interesting things the kids have said and done this week:

When the heat broke this week, it went from 90 to 60 outside in a matter of a day. So the kids got to don their hooded sweatshirts, which they like. Jeff likes to put their hoods on and tell them they're a girl or boy in the hood. Well Emily wanted her cherry jacket on because it was cool outside and she says, "Mommy, I'm a hood in the girl!" Kyle, not to be left out, puts his hood on too and says, "I'm a hood in the boy!" Way too cute! I tried telling them it was the other way around, girl in the hood and boy in the hood, but they got it right maybe a few times, but switched back to the reverse.

The other morning, I was still downstairs cleaning up breakfast and sending a few files for work when the kids decided they were done playing downstairs. They wanted to finish getting ready so they took matters into their own hands, unbeknownst to me. I just thought they wanted to play in the playroom upstairs. Anyhow, I go upstairs when I was done and find them in their bathroom, both standing on the stool brushing their hair. Emily sees me come in and excitedly tells me, "I'm getting bellisima Mommy!" She is such a doll! She's already bellisima, brushed hair or not!

I was on bath duty for several nights in a row this week and some of those were later than normal. And we all know what happens to kiddos when they are up past their bedtime... anyhow Emily was having a rough time, just so tired, upset and crying. She was already out of the bathtub, wrapped up in her towel, laying down, waiting to get dressed. I bring Kyle over in his towel to lay down to get dressed and he hears Emily crying, to which he responds, "there's no crying in baseball Emily!" Now I know we've used that expression before, but Kyle's use of it was just too much!

Kyle and Emily are curious about EVERYTHING. They really like the blue sky during the day and the pink clouds at sunset. When it starts to get dark out, they want the blue sky back. So we explained to them that the sun goes night-night so the moon can come out. And then in the daytime the moon goes night-night so the sun can come out. And same with the blue sky - it goes night-night at night. So many mornings, Emily so very excitedly asks, "Did the blue sky wake up?!?!" And it doesn't stop there - she asks about the map on the sliding door - "Did the map wake up?" I love her thinking on how everyone and everything goes to sleep at night time.

No comments: