Sunday, May 3, 2009

Feeding the scissors bacon

This weekend, Chryssi and David came in from London. The kids were absolutely ecstatic about their visit. They eagerly waited for the doorbell to ring signaling their arrival. And when they came in, they were bouncing off the walls!! They barely let them out of their site the entire weekend! It was adorable!

And the kids had some bloggable quotes:

On Saturday we went out to brunch at Brockton Villa. It's a fantastic restaurant with great views of the ocean. Anyhow, we got there and Kyle says to Jeff, "I want miiiiiiiiiilk." His head is down, he's hungry. He continues, "I want.... bacon!" Wow is he Jeff's son! And then when the bacon arrives, Kyle eagerly eats some bacon. And Emily spots the bacon and is in heaven! She takes some bites and is loving it. She is so happy, she rests her head on my shoulder in her sign of affection. I say, "I love you Emily." Emily responds, "I love bacon!" And she sure is Jeff's daughter!

This morning before we went out for our hike, Jeff was distracting the kids with a little art project. I suppose I mean art project very loosely.... he was having them cut up pages from a magazine. They just love to practice cutting with their special kid scissors. Or "zizzors" as Kyle calls them. Jeff says to Emily, "Good job cutting the paper." Emily responds, "Daddy, we're not cutting the paper, we're feeding the scissors!" I love the kids perspective!!

No comments: