Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ice skating

We went down to Horton Plaza for ice skating again this year. Only this year, without a pregnant belly, I got to ice skate with the kids. Jeff graciously (and very willingly) skipped going out on the ice and hung out with Aaron on the sidelines. The kids and I skated together after they did a little skating with the skating officials. I tried helping both at once which was quite cumbersome while they get their bearings so thankfully the officials helped each of them out for a few laps and then they were good to go. They only took a few falls, though those falls were on the slushy end of the ice - I supposed 60+ degrees and ice will have some slush - but they brushed it off quickly and wanted to keep on skating. 
Emily skating with one of the officials (Emily in the pink jacket)
Kyle skating with me

No comments: