Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Appreciation

You know, as hard as it is in the early stages of kids with them being newborns and not being able to express themselves, as they grow, they sometimes say the silliest things that may make you laugh, cry or cringe, but lately, Kyle has been SPOUTING appreciation! It's so amazingly sweet. Tonight we had some mommy friends and their kids over for dinner as we were all roughing it alone this week while our husbands traveled, played golf, or had late work. The meal, I'm disappointed to say was sub-par (sorry Josh, it was poor meal time planning on my part and I didn't account for my kids hanging on my legs and not being able to be as efficient with 5 things going as I'd like to be because of that), but the company was awesome. And the kids had a great time.

As we were getting ready for bed, Kyle and Emily were so excited about having friends over for dinner that they went through each of them and said something so sweet. (oh backtrack - when the kids woke up from a nap, I opened their window and it beeped. They asked me, "Mommy, who's there? Is it our friends?" I told them no, it was just me opening their window and their friends would come later. But they were SO excited for their friends to come over.)

They told me how one of them has a cute Elmo doll. Another little girl (that Kyle seems to have his eye on) is good at soccer. And Emily told me that little girl has a brother... ;-) and that another little boy has cute jammies with a monkey on them!!

And some more excerpts from tonight as Kyle spouted his appreciation:

Kyle: Mommy, thank you for getting me clean in da baft (the bath). Mommy, you good at putting lotion on me. Mommy, thank you for putting my diaper and undies on. Mommy, I'm proud of you for putting my jammies on. You good at brushing my hair! [and again, same as the night before] Mommy, I'm proud of you for cooking me rice and beans and guacamole! I ate nicely my beans and guacamole!

Could he be any sweeter?!?!?! As hard as the sleepless nights were early on, he sure is making up for them with his sweet appreciation! And Emily too! Last night she woke ~3am, and normally I just don't hear ANYTHING in the middle of the night (really, Jeff, I don't hear ANYTHING!), but I was up until 1am making their 6-12 month baby book that has to be submitted by midnight tonight (I best hurry!), I heard her and went in. When I got her, she said, "Mommy, I wanna do big hugs!" She gave me a sweet, big hug and went right back to sleep until 7:30 / 7:45 this morning when her and Kyle woke up talking about her rainbow blanket (see previous posts about when she got her rainbow blanket... I think we need to retire this blanket because she has such an association with it!!) Anyhow, they are very sweet and appreciative! Very surprise to me for toddlers!

No comments: