Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blue princess

As I have said before, I am constantly amazed at what comes out of the kids mouths! And no, I'm not talking about food or liquids coming back out, though that does happen - and my kids will tell you about each time it did - but what they are saying these days! The mind of a 2.5 year old is really something to marvel at.

Today I went to Target to pick up some Diego bandaids for Kyle and more Dora bandaids for Emily. It's amazing how a simple bandaid or booboo ball makes owies all better. As Emily was picking up the bandaids she had dumped out for the millionth time and put back in the box, she stated that "I will use da Dora bandaid when I fall down in the park again next time. And Kyle will will use his Diego bandaid when he falls down in the street."

And Emily has been so sweet with Kyle and his owie. He fell while we were at the OB Kite Festival on Saturday and scraped his knee and got a small road gash on his wrist that hurt a decent bit. This morning they had a little conversation:

Emily, sweetly looking Kyle right in the eyes: Kyle does your owie still hurt?
Kyle: Yea, my owie still hurt a little bit.
Emily: You need a bandaid Kyle? I get one for you and take off the paper for you.
Kyle: I need a bandaid! My owie is feeling better.

Then the other night when Jeff got back from NYC, the kids were SO happy to see him. Kyle must have said, "I love you Daddy" a million times and given lots of hugs! And Emily was just so happy she was running around in circles, she could hardly contain herself! What a way to come home!!

So as he was getting them ready for bed, it was a bit later than normal, Emily was breaking down a little bit. And here's what I heard:
Jeff, to a crying Emily: Are you a tired princess?
Emily: Yes.
Kyle, not to be left out: And I'm a tired blue princess!

I love that the color makes the gender! Later on, I think it was the next day, Kyle told me that I was a pink princess because I'm a girl! Too funny!!

No comments: