Thursday, March 5, 2009

Best friends

The kids and I had a great day today. We went running over to the kiddie gym only to learn I was looking at a schedule that is for 2 weeks from now. So we ran to the bookstore a few doors down, picked out some exciting books and walked to a nearby park. We read the books and then played on the park. The kids had a blast. They LOVE wall climbs and are pretty good at them. As they were happily climbing up the pictured one, over and over, they would turn to me and say, "Look at me! I'm mountain climber!"

Then they would go down the yellow slide. And then they decided (all on their own) that they wanted to do a tandem slide. The picture for February on our calendar was them doing a side-by-side slide so they've clearly had going down slides together on their minds. At first Emily was sitting in front, but then Kyle decided that he wanted to be in front and Emily hold on to him. It was really sweet because when she would hold onto him, he would wrap his arms back around her as much as you can with your back to someone so he could hug her back.

Their relationship has really grown and it is outwardly apparent that they love each other so much. Jeff always said that having a twin means having a built in best friend. It is really sweet seeing this develop with Kyle and Emily.

On the way to pick up Jeff tonight, Kyle was saying, "That's my Daddy! You are my Mommy, Mommy! That's my Emily! I love my Daddy. I love my Mommy. I love my Emmie!" So sweet!!

No comments: