Monday, March 2, 2009

conversations with toddlers

I had some pretty amusing conversations with the kids today. They really just speak their mind and remember EVERYTHING!

Emily: Mommy, you need to take a shower? (She knows that when I take a shower while they are awake, they get to watch a show so she often asks me if I need to take a shower!)
Mommy: No, Emily I already took a shower today. (This was 8pm and I had just taken a shower at 4pm)
Kyle: But you have poop on your shirt Mommy!
Mommy: Really?! No honey, it's just barbeque sauce from dinner. (Kids wiped their hands on me as a napkin tonight.)
Kyle: Yea, it's not poop. It's barbeque sauce.

Kyle, at dinner: Mommy, can I give you a big hug?
Mommy: Of course Kyle. Thanks!
Kyle: Mommy, I love you. Mommy, I'm proud of you for cooking dinner for me!
Mommy thinking: [huh? I cook nearly every night!!]
(We often tell the kids we are proud of them for something, like using the potty or eating their food nicely or sitting in the big boy / girl chair so well. So it was cute for Kyle to be modeling the compliments.)

Emily, getting ready for bed, noticing the blanket she will use tonight for covers: The rainbow blanket is from barfing.
Mommy: Yes Emily, you did get that blanket when you were sick. [we were out and about in Boston without a change of clothes, go mommy, when she got sick so we found a pair of shorts in the lost 'n found at My Gym, bought her a shirt and a blanket to cover up. There weren't any pants for sale anywhere near!]
Emily: I barfed on Mommy's back. I wore a blue shirt. I barfed the juice up.

Lovely isn't it? They remember everything and know how to work it!!

No comments: